2nd Street Pennsylvania Railroad Bridge
Built 1940 to cross over this formerly double tracked railroad. Unknown when closed to auto traffic. Single lane roadway, with "sidewalk" on West side.
- Timber stringer bridge over Norfolk Southern Railway on 2nd Street in Upland
- Upland, Grant County, Indiana
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1940
- - Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago, & St. Louis Railroad (PCC&StL)
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 30.8 ft.
Total length: 122.7 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Also called
- Bridge [145-20]
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.47386, -85.49680 (decimal degrees)
40°28'26" N, 85°29'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/627424/4481437 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Hartford City West
- 932 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 2700182 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 44741 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 12/2007)
- Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 16.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- April 4, 2010: Added by James Norwood