CR800W PRR Underpass
Bridge is now removed April 2010
Looking South. C&O Railroad crossing in background as well as new SR 13
Photo taken by James Norwood
BH Photo #163522
Built to carry original State Road 13 under the once busy double track Pennsylvania Railroad's Columbus line. Highway now crosses over new alignment to East and Railroad has been abandoned for over 20 years. Very low clearance and built wide to accomodate two railroad tracks.
- Lost concrete bridge over CR800W on former Conrail Railroad at Mier
- Mier, Grant County, Indiana
- Demolished as of April 2010
- - Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago, & St. Louis Railroad (PCC&StL)
- Concrete culvert
Total length: 36.0 ft.
Deck width: 35.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.57477, -85.82571 (decimal degrees)
40°34'29" N, 85°49'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/599392/4492217 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 819 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 43817 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 23, 2010: Updated by James Norwood: Changed status, added current photos of former site
- December 30, 2009: Added by James Norwood