IHRC - Big Bayou Bridge
taken from I-64. Jersey Barrier blocked a really good view.
Photo taken by Kim Harvey
BH Photo #144039
The Pratt through truss was moved to the present site when the girders were installed in 1972.
Bridge is inaccessable on Private Property
Bridge is visible from I-64.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Big Bayou River on dirt road, former Illinois Central Railroad
- Gibson County, Indiana, and Posey County, Indiana
- Built 1915, rehabilitated in 1972
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- Indiana Hi-Rail Corporation (IHRC)
- Main span: Riveted, 5-panel Pratt through truss
Approaches: Steel stringer
- Also called
- IC - Big Bayou Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.20989, -87.94837 (decimal degrees)
38°12'36" N, 87°56'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/416972/4229527 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- New Harmony
- Inventory number
- BH 43094 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 17, 2015: New photo from Jacob P. Bernard
- April 15, 2010: New Street View added by J.P.
- March 7, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Alternate name, Builder, History and Design
- February 15, 2010: Updated by Kim Harvey: gps
- August 1, 2009: Added by Kim Harvey