Photo taken by Robert Stephenson in August 2008
BH Photo #123298
Indiana Bridge designed and fabricated the through span in 1895; it added the approaches in 1905 at the county's behest.
- Through truss bridge over Big Bayou on CR 1750 West
- Gibson County, Indiana
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1895; rehabilitated 1905 and 1991
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana
- Pinned, 8-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 182.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Big Bayou Bridge
County Bridge #191
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.24009, -87.90495 (decimal degrees)
38°14'24" N, 87°54'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/420807/4232841 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- New Harmony
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 2600138 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16181 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 23 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 25, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- May 29, 2010: New Street View added by J.P.
- April 28, 2010: New photos from Robert Stephenson
- March 7, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Alternate name and Design
- April 22, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon
- January 12, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon: common name
- September 8, 2008: New photos from Robert Stephenson
- Robert Stephenson - seinfeld99 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com