Vandalia Railroad Starr Ditch Bridge
West side as seen from SR 17
No nearby public access necessitates this long half mile away photo. March 27, 2010
Photo taken by James Norwood
May be a Farmer's bridge for getting between fields. Easily seen from Nearby SR 17 just North of Kewanna.
- Abandoned pony/through plate girder bridge over Starr Ditch/Little Mill Creek on formely Penn Central Railroad(nee Pennsylvania Railroad, Vandalia Railroad, others)
- Kewanna, Fulton County, Indiana
- Part of the Vandalia's line from Logansport to South Bend, most of this line was not included in Conrail when it was created after Penn Central went Bankrupt. Line was abandoned , this bridge was abandoned but still survives.
- Pony/through plate girder
Span length: 45.0 ft.
Total length: 45.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.03004, -86.40975 (decimal degrees)
41°01'48" N, 86°24'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/549618/4542259 (zone/easting/northing)
- 755 ft. above sea level
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 44641 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 28, 2010: Added by James Norwood