Vandalia Railroad Tippecanoe River bridge
North side looking back towards Delong
Newer UCEB bridge on Old State Road 17 is vantage point looking at old Railroad bridge remains.
March 27, 2010
Photo taken by James Norwood
BH Photo #159545
Bridge remains are located beside the old Indiana 17 bridge.
- Lost Deck plate girder bridge over Tippecanoe River on formely Penn Central Railroad(nee Pennsylvania Railroad, Vandalia Railroad, others)
- Delong, Fulton County, Indiana
- Part of the Vandalia's line from Logansport to South Bend, most of this line was not included in Conrail when it was created after Penn Central went Bankrupt. Line was abandoned , this bridge was removed, but abutments and piers remain today.
- - Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 180.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.14451, -86.41482 (decimal degrees)
41°08'40" N, 86°24'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/549106/4554964 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 735 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 44640 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 28, 2010: Added by James Norwood