Lower Blue Creek Bridge 14-24-04x
Vintage postcard scan.
Scan by Bill Eichelberger
BH Photo #166186
This bridge was actually in pretty good condition when it was bypassed. Unfortunately an arson attempt severely damaged it and it later collapsed into the creek.
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over Blue Creek
- Brookville, Franklin County, Indiana
- Collapsed several years after being heavily damaged by fire.
- Built 1894
- Howe through truss
Total length: 130.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.39282, -85.02754 (decimal degrees)
39°23'34" N, 85°01'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/669857/4362225 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 14-24-04x (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 45360 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 8, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Fixed coordinates
- July 8, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Added GPS coords
- May 22, 2010: Added by Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Eichelberger
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com