Fairfield Covered Bridge 14-24-01x
Vintage postcard scan.
Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger
BH Photo #165818
After the Dunlapsville Covered Bridge was destroyed by arson in 1971, talk was started about trying to save this span. Before any action could be taken this bridge was also destroyed by an arsonist.
J.L.Kennedy was no relation to the Kennedy family bridge builders.
- Lost covered bridge over East fork Whitewater River
- Franklin County, Indiana, and Union County, Indiana
- Destroyed in an arson fire
- Built in 1866 by J.L.Kennedy; destroyed by an arsonist in 1973
- - J.L.Kennedy
Total length: 300.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.50673, -84.99422 (decimal degrees)
39°30'24" N, 84°59'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/672445/4374931 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- New Fairfield
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 14-24-01x (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 45291 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 4, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added new information about this lost bridge.
- May 19, 2010: New photo from Bill Eichelberger
- May 18, 2010: Added by Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Eichelberger
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com