Upper Blue Creek Covered Bridge
1940 A.B. Calvert photo
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #445923
I always felt that this and the Lower Blue Covered Bridge had their names backwards. This one was further from Brookville and "Lower" on down the creek.
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over Blue Creek on Blue Creek Road
- Franklin County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1893
- Howe through truss
Length of largest span: 105.0 ft.
Total length: 117.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.37320, -85.04125 (decimal degrees)
39°22'24" N, 85°02'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/668723/4360021 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84835 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 6, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- March 30, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon