Pipe Creek Bridge #39
This old span was just downstream (and down the road) from the Alley Ford Bridge. The current bridge sits on the 1897 abutments.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Pipe Creek on Pipe Creek Road
- Franklin County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1897 by the Indiana Bridge Company, replaced in 1980 using a prestressed beam on the existing abutments.
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana
- 8-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
Span length: 126.0 ft.
Total length: 126.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.2 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #39
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.39583, -85.12577 (decimal degrees)
39°23'45" N, 85°07'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/661390/4362379 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 77101 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 14, 2017: Added by Tony Dillon