Duck Creek Aqueduct Covered Bridge 14-24-11
Photo taken by Tom Hall
BH Photo #102802
This aqueduct replaced an earlier aqueduct which was built in 1843 and washed away by a flood in August, 1846. The current aqueduct was built at a cost of $8,000.
- Covered aqueduct carrying Whitewater Canal over Duck Creek at Metamora
- Metamora, Franklin County, Indiana
- Closed awaiting repairs after heavy rains in Fall 2016.
- Built 1847; rebuilt 1949
- Covered Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 71.0 ft.
Total length: 82.0 ft.
- Also called
- Metamora Aqueduct
Whitewater Canal Aqueduct
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.44613, -85.13002 (decimal degrees)
39°26'46" N, 85°07'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/660908/4367954 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 14-24-11 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 16149 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 12, 2018: New photo from Mike Daffron
- April 13, 2018: New photos from Ed Hollowell
- November 16, 2016: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Bridge damged in flood Sept. 2016.
- September 9, 2014: New photos from Bill Eichelberger
- November 9, 2010: New photo from Bill Eichelberger
- October 25, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Added description
- October 21, 2010: Updated by Eric Root: added to Aqueduct category
- September 7, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- February 22, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- November 23, 2008: New photos from James Baughn
- June 27, 2008: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- November 6, 2006: Posted photo from Tom Hall
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Dale Travis Covered Bridge List
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HABS IN-24-20 - Whitewater Canal Aqueduct, Spanning Duck Creek, Whitewater Canal (carried ove, Metamora, Franklin County, IN
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- Eric Root - ejort [at] att [dot] net
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com
- Canalling in the Whitewater Valley - by Paul Fatout, gives date for first aquaduct loss as 1846 and replacement cost.
- Bill Eichelberger
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com