Trace Branch Bridge
Wide view from across Pipe Creek
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in June 2010
BH Photo #167153
This 1911 concrete arch has been replaced with a modern arch bridge. This new bridge is much more appealing than a slab or culvert would have been in this location.
The low, flat arch of this bridge gives it the appearance of a Melan arch.
- Concrete arch bridge over Trace Branch Pipe Creek on Pipe Creek Road
- Franklin County, Indiana
- Removed and replaced
- Built 1911
Length of largest span: 30.8 ft.
Total length: 35.1 ft.
Deck width: 13.7 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #47
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.41806, -85.12306 (decimal degrees)
39°25'05" N, 85°07'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/661572/4364851 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 2400031 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16166 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Sufficiency rating: 96.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 13, 2010: New photo from Anthony Dillon