Snoddy Mill Bridge
BH Photo #330987
This bridge was built on the design patented by M. Mills in 1870.
It was bypassed with a new bridge on a completely new alignment of Stringtown Road in 1965 and sat abandoned until it and the old Snoddy Mill were both razed in 1982.
- Lost Bowstring truss bridge over Coal Creek on old alignment of Stringtown Road
- Fountain County, Indiana
- Built ca. 1875 by the Buckeye Bridge Works; bypassed and abandoned in 1965 and finally removed in 1982.
- - Buckeye Bridge Works of Cleveland, Ohio
- Bowstring pony truss
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #204
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.02832, -87.37501 (decimal degrees)
40°01'42" N, 87°22'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/468002/4430967 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 68239 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 1, 2015: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder and other information.
- June 30, 2015: Added by Jacob P. Bernard
- Jacob P. Bernard
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com