Photo taken by Tom Hall in June 2007
BH Photo #116130
Fountain County is wanting to give this very important part of local history to Evansville for use on a trail.
- Two-span through truss bridge over Coal Creek on CR 800 South
- Fountain County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- County is attempting to give this bridge to the city of Evansville for use on a trail.
- Built in 1886 as part of a 7-span bridge across the Wabash near Attica, moved to this location in 1924.
- - Milwaukee Bridge & Iron Works of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Wrought iron Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 125.9 ft.
Total length: 258.8 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.4 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Coal Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.01083, -87.38472 (decimal degrees)
40°00'39" N, 87°23'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/467165/4429030 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 2300003 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16120 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 30.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 28, 2019: New photos from Mike Daffron
- December 17, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- November 5, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- October 15, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- March 13, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon: changed date,history
- June 29, 2008: New photos from Tom Hall
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com