Shelf Bracket Covered Bridge
Shelf Bracket/Mooresville Covered Bridge
New Albany Floyd County Public Library
BH Photo #495549
This was the first covered bridge known to have been completed in the state of Indiana, as part of the Paoli Pike from New Albany to Vincennes. Indiana had only been a state about 4 years old at the time. The town that is now Floyd's Knob was originally known as Mooresville.
At some point in time this bridge acquired the peculiar name of Shelf Bracket Bridge. I have yet to find any specific information about it.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Little Indian Creek on Paoli Pike
- Floyd County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1820; Replaced 1921
- - Paoli Pike Co.
- Covered through truss
- Also called
- Mooresville Covered Bridge
Paoli Pike-Little Indian Creek Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.32460, -85.87477 (decimal degrees)
38°19'29" N, 85°52'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/598356/4242430 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 92745 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 16, 2021: New photos from Tony Dillon