Palladium-Item: April 23 1963
BH Photo #449718
This was likely originally a 3-span Whipple truss built in 1879 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company. At some point in time one of those spans was replaced with a Pratt truss. The possibility also exists that the newer span was simply added to the existing bridge to give a better clearance for the overall structure.
- Lost Whipple through truss bridge over West Fork Whitewater River on County Road 480 South.
- Fayette County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built in 1879 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company; replaced in 1977
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio (2 Whipple truss spans)
- (2) pinned Whipple through trusses
(1) riveted Pratt through truss
- Also called
- Whitewater River Bridge W. Co. Rd. 480 S.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.57456, -85.15576 (decimal degrees)
39°34'28" N, 85°09'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/658401/4382164 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 47236 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 13, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- December 5, 2010: Added by Ed Hollowell
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com