Whitewater River Bridge
Replaced Kennedy covered bridge, eastern entrance was wider to allow better traffic flow at intersection.Deck 36' plus 2 sidewalks 5' wide.
construction cost of $117,000.00. Date 4/16/1936 I have one history which states that the bridge was opened 11/28/1935 (Thanksgiving Day).
- Lost concrete arch bridge over Whitewater River on IN 1/IN 44
- Fayette County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1936; replaced 1996
- - I.E. Smith
- Closed-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 71.9 ft.
Total length: 532.2 ft.
Deck width: 36.1 ft.
- Skew angle
- 20 degrees
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.63833, -85.13000 (decimal degrees)
39°38'18" N, 85°07'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/660466/4389287 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 000140 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39119 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 68 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 13, 2019: New photos from Tony Dillon
- December 26, 2013: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Date opened in doubt.
- October 30, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Corrected complrtion date, added builder, cost and spans, skew angle
- February 4, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com