Island Park Bridge
One of 3 Whipple design bowstrings that Simon DeGraff built in Elkhart County around 1869.
- Lost bowstring through truss bridge over Elkhart River at Island Park entrance
- Elkhart, Elkhart County, Indiana
- Built in 1869 by Simon Degraff as part of a 2-span bridge over the St. Joseph's River in Bristol, this span relocated here in 1907.
- - Simon de Graff of Syracuse, New York (Builder)
- Squire Whipple of Albany, New York (Designer)
- Whipple design cast iron bowstring through truss.
Length of largest span: 133.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.69104, -85.97354 (decimal degrees)
41°41'28" N, 85°58'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/585419/4615983 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 43886 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 16, 2017: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Research Courtesy Of Jim Cooper
- March 15, 2017: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Added category "Probably Simon DeGraff per research James Stewart"
- December 14, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder, date, and historical information.
- February 20, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added GPS coordinates
- January 14, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: This is a Whipple arch type bowstring.
- January 14, 2010: Added by Joshua Collins