Postlewaite Covered Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #446312
There is much confusion over the exact location of this bridge and when it was lost. According to Bryan Ketcham the bridge was repaired in the mid 1940's, but then IHS has it being replaced in 1953. No NBI listings match for a new bridge over the Patoka at that time so some more research will be required.
- Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over Patoka River
- Dubois County, Indiana
- Built 1872
- - William T. Washer
- Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 108.0 ft.
Total length: 114.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 11.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.36039, -87.04291 (decimal degrees)
38°21'37" N, 87°02'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/496250/4245802 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84827 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 21, 2021: New photo from Garrett DiDomizio
- April 8, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- March 29, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Garrett DiDomizio - garrettdidomizio [at] gmail [dot] com