Hunley Creek Bridge
The bridge is significant as one of the earliest and best examples of continuous concrete T-beam design undertaken by the Indiana State Highway Commission.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Stringer bridge over Hunley Creek on Sr 64 (E 6th Street)
- Dubois County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1939; Replaced 1999
- - J.V. Smythe (Engineer)
- Tee beam
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 132.9 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.29925, -86.91528 (decimal degrees)
38°17'57" N, 86°54'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/507407/4239021 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2004)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 022990 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 65199 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 97.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 2, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER IN-98 - Dubois County Bridge No. 3002, Spanning Hunley Creek on State Road 64, Huntingburg, Dubois County, IN