East Fork White River US 231 Bridge
Finished 11/10/1934 at a cost of $101,895.93. South side footings are on bedrock, the north footings required extensive pilings for support in deep silt.
- Lost four-span through truss bridge over East Fork White River on US 231
- Dubois County, Indiana, and Martin County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Finished 11/10/1934; rehabilitated 1985; replaced 2007
- - Indiana State Highway Department
- Vincennes Bridge Co. of Vincennes, Indiana
- Riveted Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 197.8 ft.
Total length: 800.6 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.49593, -86.91326 (decimal degrees)
38°29'45" N, 86°54'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/507564/4260845 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 016710 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16084 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 30, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Corrected complrtion date, added builder, cost
- April 25, 2010: New Street View added by J.P.
- March 24, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added truss type and coordinates
- May 24, 2009: Updated by Robert Stephenson: History and status