Whitney Ford Bridge
Jim Cooper photo
BH Photo #449644
Was near the Prairie Creek Dam.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over White River on Inlow Springs Road (CR 431E)
- Delaware County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1897 by the Indiana Bridge Company of Muncie, replaced in 1985.
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana
- 8-panel, Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 136.0 ft.
Total length: 176.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #149
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.14883, -85.30469 (decimal degrees)
40°08'56" N, 85°18'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/644399/4445653 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Muncie East
- Inventory number
- BH 76945 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 12, 2019: New photos from Tony Dillon
- June 11, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- June 11, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- May 6, 2017: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com