Rating:
2 votes

Fullhart Ford Bridge

Photos 

Photo courtesy of the Indiana State Department of Natural Resource, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology.

Enlarge

View more info about Indiana historic bridges from the SHAARD database

BH Photo #156004

Map 

Description 

Historically known as the Fullhart Ford Bridge, but for many years up until it's demise it was called the Inlow Springs Bridge. Many scouts (including myself) remember paddling under it and the nearby Whitney Ford Bridge from Camp Red Wing.

Facts 

Overview
Lost Pratt through truss bridge over White River on CR 266S (Inlow Springs Rd)
Location
Delaware County, Indiana
Status
Replaced by new bridge
History
Built in 1903 by the Indiana Bridge Company, replaced in 1985.
Builder
- Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana
Design
Pinned Pratt through truss
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 160.0 ft.
Total length: 163.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.0 ft.
Also called
County Bridge #148
Inlow Springs Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+40.15409, -85.32921   (decimal degrees)
40°09'15" N, 85°19'45" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
16/642300/4446198 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Muncie East
Inventory number
BH 44220 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • June 11, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
  • June 11, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
  • February 22, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon

Sources 

  • Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
  • Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com