Westport Covered Bridge 14-16-01
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in August 2006
BH Photo #118448
Written by Bill Bowser
This bridge is temporarily closed to vehicle traffic to prevent oversized/overweight vehicles from using it to bypass the one lane restriction because of construction work being done on the Co. Rd. 1100 bridge which is just downstream. It is expected to be reopened in November 2018.
- Burr Arch truss covered bridge over Sand Creek on Layton Road
- Decatur County, Indiana
- Open to light traffic on a secondary road
- Built 1880 by A.M.Kennedy & Sons, bypassed in early 1970's, recently restored and reopened to traffic.
- - A.M. Kennedy & Sons
- Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 111.2 ft.
Total length: 129.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.16685, -85.54628 (decimal degrees)
39°10'01" N, 85°32'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/625586/4336298 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- IN 1600201 (Indiana bridge number)
INNBI 1600201 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
WGCB 14-16-01 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 36938 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 28.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 29, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- October 1, 2018: Essay added by Bill Bowser
- June 13, 2018: New photos from Linda Daffron
- April 21, 2010: New Street View added by J.P.
- April 5, 2010: New photos from James McCray
- March 2, 2010: Updated by James Baughn: Added NBI data
- February 18, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- February 15, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added GPS coordinates
- November 10, 2009: New photos from J.P.
- July 26, 2008: Added by Anthony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Linda Daffron
- Bill Bowser - webowser [at] me [dot] com