Robbins Ford Bridge
Looks good here, but......
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in August 2008
BH Photo #121815
This bridge has been bypassed with a small park area that even has parking spaces for bridge enthusiasts.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Sand Creek on CR 500 South.
- Decatur County, Indiana
- Bypassed and beautifully restored for pedestrian use.
- Built 1908; restored 2009
- - J.W. Matthews & Co. (Contractors)
- Riveted, 8-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 118.1 ft.
Total length: 122.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.7 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- County Bridge #115
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.26269, -85.54212 (decimal degrees)
39°15'46" N, 85°32'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/625775/4346941 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Forest Hill
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 1600093 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16057 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 16, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Adj. coordinates
- October 16, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added historic name; corrected build date and contractor name
- March 17, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder. Struts and strut bracing are VBC design.
- August 2, 2009: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- July 25, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Restored
- August 17, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon: status, and truss type.