State Route 1, Phantom Bridge # 3
Photo taken by Satolli Glassmeyer in January 2021
BH Photo #533320
This is the third in a series of phantom bridges along State Route 1 in Dearborn County, Indiana. This particular bridge was probably built around 1917. The bridge is 20 feet long, 12 feet wide and spans a small creek that empties into Salt Fork Creek. The Phantom bridge once carried the former old Lawrenceburg Brookville Road but was bypassed sometime in the 1930s when Route 1 was realigned.
GPS Location: 39º09’18.3″N 84º52’21.7″W
- Abandoned open-spandrel arch bridge over Unnamed Creek on Formr Lawrenceburg-Brookville Road
- Dearborn County, Indiana
- Built 1917
- Open-spandrel arch
Total length: 20.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.15496, -84.87261 (decimal degrees)
39°09'18" N, 84°52'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/683820/4336127 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 98608 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 17, 2022: New video from Satolli Glassmeyer