Rating:
1 vote

East Fork Tanners Creek IN 46 Bridge

Photos 

Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in November 2009

Enlarge

BH Photo #154332

Map 

Street View 

Facts 

Overview
Concrete arch bridge over East Fork Tanners Creek on IN 46
Location
Dearborn County, Indiana
Status
Open to traffic
History
Built 1937
Design
Reinforced concrete arch
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 79.7 ft.
Total length: 260.8 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
Recognition
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
Approximate latitude, longitude
+39.28250, -85.01056   (decimal degrees)
39°16'57" N, 85°00'38" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
16/671589/4350013 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Spades
Inventory numbers
INNBI 017460 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
INDOT 046-15-03032 (Indiana Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 16004 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection (as of 10/2015)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 49.2 (out of 100)
Average daily traffic (as of 2004)
3,625

Categories 

Arch (11,196)
Built 1937 (710)
Built during 1930s (10,582)
Closed-spandrel arch (3,607)
Dearborn County, Indiana (60)
Deck arch (10,434)
Have street view (22,087)
IN 46 (21)
Indiana (4,198)
NR-eligible (3,971)
Open (36,587)
Owned by state (13,692)
Select (535)
Span length 75-100 feet (5,804)
Total length 250-500 feet (4,604)

Update Log 

  • October 22, 2010: New Street View added by James Baughn
  • July 9, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Added arch type.
  • February 6, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon

Sources 

  • Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
  • Bill Eichelberger

Comments 

East Fork Tanners Creek IN 46 Bridge
Posted February 7, 2010, by Satolli Glassmeyer (info [at] scenicroadrallies [dot] com)

A couple more pictures taken February 3, 2010.

East Fork Tanners Creek IN 46 Bridge
Posted February 6, 2010, by Satolli Glassmeyer (info [at] scenicroadrallies [dot] com)

A few pictures taken February 3, 2010. The first picture is of the old Ghost Road going under the bridge. The second picture is of the original bridge, now abandoned, with the current span in the background. The fourth picture is of the original Ghost Road under the bridge that followed the East Fork of Tanners Creek from this point to the southeast for about seven miles, eventually ending at State Route 1 or Lawrenceburg/Brookville Road.