Spencerville Covered Bridge 14-17-01
Photo taken by Satolli Glassmeyer
BH Photo #110126
- Covered bridge over Saint Joseph River on CR 68
- De Kalb County, Indiana
- Reopened June 2013 after repairs after being heavily damaged by a semi driver who crossed it.
- Built 1873 by John McKay
- - John McKay
- Smith type 4 through truss
Length of largest span: 63.9 ft.
Total length: 159.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 2, 1981
- Also called
- Coburn covered bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.28136, -84.91448 (decimal degrees)
41°16'53" N, 84°54'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/674652/4572089 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Saint Joe
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numers
- INNBI 1700004 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
NRHP 81000010 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 14-17-01 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 15995 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 35.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 25, 2016: New photos from John Loxton
- October 9, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- June 25, 2013: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Bridge reopened after repairs
- September 27, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Bridge closed after being heavily damaged
- August 14, 2011: New photos from Tony Dillon
- May 19, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Added name
- February 13, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- November 25, 2008: New photos from Tom Hall
- September 2, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon