Mill Creek Bridge
This beautiful little bridge has been subjected to some horrific repairs in recent years. A brace was welded to the South portal that hides the lovely cast portal decorations unique to this company. Every cylindrical eyebar was replaced with steel rods with large clamp fittings that look terrible.
Hopefully the recent restoration of the Alton Bridge will give hope to a better repair job to this bridge in the near future.
- Through truss bridge over Mill Creek on CR 220 East
- Crawford County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1885; rehabilitated 2000
- - Indianapolis Bridge Co.
- Wrought iron, pin-connected Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 100.7 ft.
Total length: 104.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.3 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Crawford County Bridge #42
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.13026, -86.41853 (decimal degrees)
38°07'49" N, 86°25'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/550961/4220427 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 1300033 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 15979 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 1.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- October 14, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- April 15, 2010: New Street View added by J.P.
- February 20, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: HAER data
- August 18, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon
- January 30, 2008: New photos from James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER IN-23 - Mill Creek Bridge, Mill Creek, Alton vicinity, Crawford County, IN
- Robert Stephenson - seinfeld99 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com