BH Photo #191073
Abandoned for many years, it is now still there but apparently destroyed by flooding.
- Bedstead Pratt pony truss bridge over Birch Creek on former CR 300S
- Clay County, Indiana
- Collapsed, but still in location
- Built ca.1900
- - Lafayette Bridge Co. of Lafayette, Indiana (bedstead)
- Mixed 2 span bridge with 1 pinned Pratt bedstead pony and 1 riveted Warren pony
Length of largest span: 52.0 ft.
Total length: 101.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
- Also called
- Old Clay County Bridge #181
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.33420, -87.16516 (decimal degrees)
39°20'03" N, 87°09'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/485766/4353876 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Saline City
- Land survey
- T. 10 N., R. 7 W., Sec. 3
- Inventory number
- BH 47458 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 17, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- October 26, 2015: New photos from Mike Daffron
- December 30, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com