Deer Creek-CR 100 E Bridge
Photo taken Nov. 2006 by Tom Hall
BH Photo #102721
Features a field stone abutment, these were somewhat common in Michigan but rarely seen in Indiana. I assume the other one was originally field stone as well but later replaced with concrete.
- Whipple through truss bridge over Deer Creek on CR 100 East
- Cass County, Indiana
- Closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- It was supposed to be moved to Logansport's Riverside Park to become center span of 3 span bridge across Eel River to connect park with "River Bluff Trail", an old railroad grade converted to a trail along the river. Trail organizers have changed their mind due to funding issues, and will be using a prefabricated bridge instead.
- Built 1885 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Co.
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Pin-connected, 10-panel Whipple through truss
Length of largest span: 148.9 ft.
Total length: 149.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 19.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.60318, -86.35548 (decimal degrees)
40°36'11" N, 86°21'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/554529/4494907 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Young America
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 0900106 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 15892 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 12, 2018: New video from Mike Daffron
- November 10, 2018: New photos from Mike Daffron
- August 24, 2011: Updated by James Norwood: Changed future prospects status.
- April 18, 2009: New photos from James Norwood
- April 4, 2009: Updated by James Norwood
- October 3, 2008: Updated by Tom Hall: added photos
- July 5, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon: changed date
- January 29, 2007: Posted photo from Tom Hall
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- James Norwood
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com