3rd Street Bridge
3rd Street Truss early 1900's
This bridge had a another truss segment added for Interurban line sometime after construction. Great Flood of 1913 took out this bridge and a Concrete Luten Arch bridge replaced it.
Indiana Digital Image Library
BH Photo #159579
The road name was likely spelled out in those days, where now numbers are commonly used.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Eel River on 3rd St.
- Logansport, Cass County, Indiana
- Destroyed in the 1913 Flood.
- Built ca. 1889 by the King Bridge Company; Destroyed in the 1913 Flood.
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- (3)8-panel, pinned Pratt through trusses
- Also called
- Third Street Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.75609, -86.36824 (decimal degrees)
40°45'22" N, 86°22'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/553327/4511873 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 0900140 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 44643 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 73.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 5, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Fixed this page to reflect the truss bridge that is shown
- August 14, 2019: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- September 27, 2015: Added by Jacob P. Bernard
- June 20, 2014: Updated by James Norwood: added notation that Indiana 25 rerouted across the current bridge due to Hoosier Heartland Highway route reconfiguration in Logansport 2014
- May 26, 2010: New photo from James Norwood
- March 28, 2010: Updated by James Norwood: corrected GPS coordinates, added details.
- March 28, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon