NS - Cicott Street Viaduct
Closer view Looking Southerly at North side November 2005
Photo taken by James Norwood
BH Photo #136540
Written by James Holzmeier
This bridge replaced the earlier Wabash bridge #307, which was an 82' long pile trestle bridge constructed 1881.
- Bridge over Cicott Street and Goose Creek on Norfolk Southern Railway (Norfolk and Western, Wabash Railroads) in Logansport
- Logansport, Cass County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Once carried the Wabash Cannonball Passenger trains, now part of NS busy Decatur District main line. Low clearance, gets hit by trucks often. Supports built for second rail track if needed on southside. .
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Single track railroad with end supports set up to add second bridge deck if needed, also crosses Goose creek which leads to long end support walls as creek turns as it passes under street and rail bridge.
Span length: 68.0 ft.
Total length: 68.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- Wabash Railroad Bridge #307
Wabash - Cicott Street Viaduct
Cicott Street and Goose Creek underpass
Low-pain in the you know what bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.74442, -86.37721 (decimal degrees)
40°44'40" N, 86°22'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/552579/4510571 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 42212 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 1, 2015: Essay added by James Holzmeier
- October 30, 2010: New Street View added by Jacob P. Bernard
- June 29, 2010: New photos from James Norwood
- June 21, 2010: New photo from James Norwood
- June 1, 2010: New photos from James Norwood
- April 7, 2009: New photos from James Norwood
- April 6, 2009: Updated by James Norwood
- April 4, 2009: Added by James Norwood
- James Norwood
- Jacob P. Bernard
- James Holzmeier - wabashry [at] gmail [dot] com