Looking West October 2005
Country road 250 South and 475 East intersection looking at road closed signs at bridge approach over WSRY tracks.
Photo taken by James Norwood
BH Photo #136532
This is actually a railroad bridge converted for road use. It is steel with wood approaches on either side. This is located at the once busy Anoka Junction of the Pennsylvania RR where two lines came together which meant heavy train traffic.
- Lost Pony plate girder bridge over Winamac Southern Railway on CR250 South in Anoka
- Anoka, Cass County, Indiana
- Built 1930, demolished in 2013
- - Conrail (CR)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago, & St. Louis Railroad (PCC&StL)
- Winamac Southern Railway (WSRY)
- Main span: Steel Pony plate girder
Approaches: Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 74.2 ft.
Total length: 250.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- Anoka Junction Bridge
County Road 250 South Railroad Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.72936, -86.29126 (decimal degrees)
40°43'46" N, 86°17'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/559849/4508955 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 0900137 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 42211 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/1991)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 37.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1990)
- March 16, 2013: Updated by James Norwood: Updated that bridge is now removed. No replacement is planned.
- February 6, 2013: Updated by James Norwood: added possible removal status
- May 26, 2009: Updated by Joshua Collins: bridge design/type
- May 25, 2009: Updated by James Norwood: Incorporated NBI 1992 data
- April 13, 2009: New photo from James Norwood
- April 6, 2009: Updated by James Norwood
- April 4, 2009: Added by James Norwood
- James Norwood
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com