Meridian Road Bridge
Photo taken by Tom Hall
BH Photo #102697
Originally spanned Wildcat Creek on SR 22 near Greentown in Howard County. Purchased and moved to this location to replace an earlier Attica Bridge Company pony truss that had been considered obsolete for decades.
- Warren pony truss bridge over Deer Creek on Meridian Road
- Carroll County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1932 as a State Highway Bridge - relocated in 1968 to current location. Restored in 2008.
- - Albert B. Hash (Contractor)
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 109.2 ft.
Total length: 124.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Carroll County Bridge 87
Deer Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.60108, -86.52514 (decimal degrees)
40°36'04" N, 86°31'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/540176/4494583 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 0800064 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 15873 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 82.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- November 11, 2013: New photos from Tony Dillon
- June 30, 2008: Updated by Paul Brandenburg: clarified built as a State Highway bridge and relocated
- June 26, 2008: Updated by Paul Brandenburg: added county bridge number
- October 2, 2006: Posted photo from Tom Hall
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Paul Brandenburg - indianabridges [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com