Hamilton Street Bridge
A landmark span that was at the center of controversy before it's demise. A battle raged between the county commissioners who wanted the bridge removed, and the mayor of Delphi and many others who wanted it preserved. Just when it seemed that momentum may be shifting in the bridge's favor, a utility truck careened into one of the verticals and sent the span crashing into Deer Creek. A very sad ending to an incredibly beautiful structure.
- Lost Through Truss over Deer Creek on Hamilton Street in Delphi
- Delphi, Carroll County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1891, damaged in 1995, replaced in 1996
- - Lafayette Bridge Co. of Lafayette, Indiana
- Pin-connected Whipple through truss
Length of largest span: 59.7 ft.
Total length: 181.8 ft.
Deck width: 25.3 ft.
- Also called
- Dayton Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.58062, -86.67613 (decimal degrees)
40°34'50" N, 86°40'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/527409/4492254 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 0800112 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 36770 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2007)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 85.4 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- February 26, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder and description.
- June 29, 2008: Updated by Tom Hall: Alternate name, builder,status
- June 29, 2008: Added by Paul Brandenburg
- Paul Brandenburg - indianabridges [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com