Wabash Railroad Robinson Branch Ditch Bridge
View today of removed bridge
wooden abutment can be seen sticking out of side of ballast where newer fill meets older darker stone.
Photo taken by James Norwood in November 2010
BH Photo #184269
Still carried "Wabash" lettering on side of bridge to its death. Removed and unremarkable precast concrete culverts replaced it in September 2005. Part of original wood abutments can still be seen sticking out from fresh ballast.
- Lost Deck plate girder bridge over Robinson Branch Ditch on Wabash, later N&W, later NS Railway
- Carroll County, Indiana
- Replaced in September 2005
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Steel stringer approaches and main deck plate girder span supported on wood abutments and pilings
Total length: 110.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- Wabash Railroad Bridge #530
MP 234.9 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.61932, -86.61669 (decimal degrees)
40°37'10" N, 86°37'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/532421/4496570 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 45416 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 2, 2014: Updated by James Holzmeier: Added Wabash bridge number
- August 10, 2012: Updated by J.P.: Added category "railroad"
- November 1, 2010: New photos from James Norwood
- May 30, 2010: Added by James Norwood