Rock Creek 400E Bridge
A beautiful span from a firm that was uncommon to Indiana
- Lost through truss bridge over Rock Creek on CR 400 East at 770N-400E
- Carroll County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1887 by the Milwaukee Bridge & Iron Works; replaced 1992
- - Milwaukee Bridge & Iron Works of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Wrought iron, pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 125.0 ft.
Total length: 133.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.3 ft.
- Also called
- County Bridge #74
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.65559, -86.44894 (decimal degrees)
40°39'20" N, 86°26'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/546585/4500671 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 0800054 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 38876 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2015)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 91.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 26, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder and truss type
- January 31, 2009: Added by James Baughn