Big Slough Bridge
Oblique looking SE
Photo taken by Tony Dillon in September 2011
BH Photo #213763
Originally erected over Big Slough on CR 700N, this bridge was moved intact by the county to land owned by the Historical Society. It has apparently sat here for over 20 years now, and unknown what the future plans are for it.
- Pratt pony truss sitting on dry land at the Bartholomew County Historical Society's Henry Breeding Farm
- Bartholomew County, Indiana
- In storage on dry land
- Future prospects
- Has been here since it was replaced in 1989, stored for possible reuse.
- Built ca.1900 over Big Slough on CR 700N; moved in 1989 to Historical Society land off of CR 100W
- Pinned Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 57.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Also called
- Bartholomew County Bridge #147 (Former)
Historical Society Breeding Farm Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.32661, -85.93894 (decimal degrees)
39°19'36" N, 85°56'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/591456/4353558 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 48179 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 20, 2019: New photos from Mike Daffron
- February 19, 2019: New video from Mike Daffron
- October 5, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- December 17, 2011: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "One-lane traffic", "Pin-connected", "Wooden deck"
- September 16, 2011: New photos from Tony Dillon
- February 18, 2011: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added known information about this bridge that J.P. found via satellite imagery.
- February 18, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com