Conrail - Clifty Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick in January 2012
BH Photo #223066
Library of Congress Indiana RR map shows the Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago & St. Louis RR, Madison Branch, following the line from Columbus SE through Elizabethtown where it crossed the Evansville and Richmond before heading on to Madison.
- Abandoned through truss bridge over Clifty Creek on former Madison railroad
- Bartholomew County, Indiana
- Abandoned with deck missing
- Built ca.1890
- - Conrail (CR)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago, & St. Louis Railroad (PCC&StL)
- Pinned 10-panel Pratt through truss.
- Also called
- PC - Clifty Creek Bridge
PRR - Clifty Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.17803, -85.88025 (decimal degrees)
39°10'41" N, 85°52'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/596718/4337130 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 9 N., R. 6 E., Sec. 32
- 600 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 50351 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 10, 2015: New photos from cory coffey
- October 3, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago, & St. Louis Railroad", "Pennsylvania Railroad", "Penn Central Railroad"
- August 10, 2012: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Railroad", "Pin-connected", "Missing deck"
- January 8, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type and circa date
- January 8, 2012: New photos from Nick
- November 28, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Added railroad name
- November 28, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- cory coffey