Nickelsen Creek Bridge #1
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in August 2008
This is the 1st of 2 pony trusses over Nickelsen Creek off of County Road 550W. It is located just to the North of the road bridge on a private lane on the West side. I first "found" this span in Aug 2008 but somehow missed the one just a quarter mile to the South.
- Pratt pony truss and deck plate girder bridge over Nickelsen Creek off of CR 550W
- Adams County, Indiana
- Open to traffic on a private lane
- Unknown, likely moved from nearby location.
- - Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio (Trusses)
- Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana (Girders)
- Three panel pin-connected half-hip welded Pratt pony truss welded to riveted deck plate girder.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.89346, -85.04489 (decimal degrees)
40°53'36" N, 85°02'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/664696/4528769 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 44023 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 24, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: Refined structure type following field visit to mention the rare Indiana Bridge Co. girders.
- December 17, 2011: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Pin-connected", "One-lane traffic"
- July 13, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Tweaked name and added description on this span.
- February 5, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon