Old US 33 Bridge
Photo taken by Mike Daffron in February 2019
BH Photo #443657
This bridge has details that resemble two spans that formerly stood in Allen County, although this one appears a little older. It was either an early design of the Toledo Bridge Company or perhaps a later Smith design before the company changed hands.
- Abandoned pratt pony truss bridge over Blue Creek on Old US 33
- Adams County, Indiana
- - Toledo Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio [also known as Smith Bridge Co.]
- Pratt pony truss
Total length: 71.0 ft.
- Also called
- Adams County Blue Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.76876, -84.82372 (decimal degrees)
40°46'08" N, 84°49'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/683673/4515366 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 58164 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 2, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Changed info... Solid tapered verticals match other Toledo Bridge Company ponies.
- June 24, 2019: Updated by Art Suckewer: Added pics,, alternate name, possible builder and possible build date
- February 16, 2019: New photos from Mike Daffron
- September 24, 2013: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "One-lane traffic", "Pin-connected", "Wooden deck", "Missing deck"
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Art Suckewer - Asuckewer [at] knite [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com