NS - Mackinaw River Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in May 2012
BH Photo #231521
Not sure of the date but the well crafted stone piers suggest early 1900's. This rail line appears on a 1912 township map as the Lake Erie & Western Railway.
- Deck truss bridge over Mackinaw River on Norfolk Southern RR
- Woodford County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1947
- - Lake Erie & Western Railroad (LE&W)
- New York, Chicago, & St. Louis Railroad (NKP)
- Norfolk & Western Railway (N&W)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Three span Deck truss with deck plate girder approaches. Nice old stone piers.
Length of largest span: 170.0 ft.
Total length: 590.0 ft.
- Also called
- LE&W - Mackinaw River Bridge
NKP - Mackinaw River Bridge
N&W - Mackinaw River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.62486, -89.23947 (decimal degrees)
40°37'30" N, 89°14'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/310586/4499525 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 50881 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 13, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- January 10, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: added build date
- July 16, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- October 9, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- May 14, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- May 8, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Lake Erie and Western Railroad"
- January 9, 2012: Added by Steve Conro
- NS - Grimm Road Overpass (Same project) - Stone work simular to bridge piers a few hundred feet away. Suggests same project.