Panther Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in May 2012
BH Photo #231453
This may possibly be the last remaining example of the Indiana Bridge Company's patented Warren Cantilever Bedstead pony truss.
- Warren Cantilever Bedstead pony truss bridge over Panther Creek on CR2325 E
- Woodford County, Illinois
- Built 1925
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana
- Rare surviving Warren Cantilever Bedstead pony truss
Length of largest span: 49.8 ft.
Total length: 92.8 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.75629, -89.09715 (decimal degrees)
40°45'23" N, 89°05'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/322972/4513819 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 102-3094 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15772 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2012)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com