CSX - Richards Street Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #226338
Site has 2 bridges. One newer active and one older abandoned.
- Girder bridge over US 6 (Richards St) on CSX RR (former Rock Island RR)
- Joliet, Will County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Iowa Interstate Railroad (IAIS)
- Michigan Central Railroad (MC)
Length of largest span: 42.0 ft.
Total length: 64.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.52441, -88.07463 (decimal degrees)
41°31'28" N, 88°04'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/410341/4597531 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 099-0233 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 51496 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 16, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- March 2, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 28, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad"