Cedar Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #225624
Rail spur to Centerpoint Industrial Park and road configuration changes have cut off and abandoned this segment of roadway. I drove across it but after looking at it I probably shouldn't have.
- Stringer bridge over Cedar Creek on Patterson Road in Elwood
- Will County, Illinois
- Abandoned. Road closed/cut off by industrial rail spur.
- Steel stringer, stone piers
Length of largest span: 14.1 ft.
Total length: 30.8 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.44779, -88.11813 (decimal degrees)
41°26'52" N, 88°07'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/406601/4589071 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 099-3140 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15736 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2009)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 65.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com