Wabash Memorial Bridge
Photo taken by Kim Harvey in October 2009
BH Photo #147862
Owned and maintained by the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT)
- Steel arch bridge over Wabash River connecting IN 62 and IL 141 between the towns of Mt. Vernon, IN and New Haven, IL.
- White County, Illinois, and Posey County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1956
- Cantilevered steel through arch
Length of largest span: 426.7 ft.
Total length: 2,400.0 ft. (0.5 mi.)
Deck width: 25.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.6 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.94390, -88.03584 (decimal degrees)
37°56'38" N, 88°02'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/408985/4200096 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numers
- IL 097-9900 (Illinois bridge number)
INNBI 021869 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 15730 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 25, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- July 19, 2014: Updated by James Baughn: Updated to show that tolls were removed effective July 1, 2014
- March 10, 2010: Updated by Kim Harvey: street view
- February 17, 2010: Updated by Kim Harvey: Overview, approach type
- October 18, 2009: New photos from Kim Harvey