NKP - Newman's Creek Arch Bridge
Photo taken by Jacob P. Bernard in April 2011
BH Photo #196940
Built to carry trains over this creek on their journey from Peoria to Sandusky, Ohio and points East, later part of the well known Nickel Plate Road (NY, C & St. L Railroad). This line was later abandoned by Norfolk Southern in ether 1988 or 89 in favor of trackage rights over another railroad line.
- Abandoned culvert bridge over Newman's Creek on former New York, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad
- Rankin, Vermilion County, Illinois
- - New York, Chicago, & St. Louis Railroad (NKP)
- Concrete culvert
Total length: 25.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.46486, -87.90260 (decimal degrees)
40°27'54" N, 87°54'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/423478/4479745 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 48579 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- April 8, 2011: Updated by James Norwood: added railroad history
- April 8, 2011: Added by Jacob P. Bernard
- Jacob P. Bernard
- James Norwood