Rating:
3 votes

Jenkins Ford Crossing Bridge

Photo 

Seems to be a lot of activity on the bridge. To the right of the bridge is the trestle of John Walsh's Chicago Southern Railway (The Walsh Road) which would place this photo at or later than 1906.

Photo : Skinner Farm Museum, Perrysville, IN

BH Photo #185839

Map 

Facts 

Overview
Lost Through truss bridge over Vermilion River on E 1100N Road
Location
Vermilion County, Illinois
Status
Demolished
History
Built 1893 by John Beard, closed to traffic on August 27, 1959, demolished in 1964
Builder
- John Beard
Design
Pin-connected, 10-panel Pennsylvania through truss
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 240.0 ft.
Total length: 320.0 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+40.03654, -87.55782   (decimal degrees)
40°02'12" N, 87°33'28" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
16/452409/4431962 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Danville SE
Inventory number
BH 46993 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • November 27, 2010: Updated by Mike Roegner: Corrected name, added builder
  • November 12, 2010: Added by Mike Roegner

Sources 

  • Mike Roegner