Conrail - Possum Trot Bridge
The highest bridge over the Middle Fork River at 80 feet.
- Abandoned Deck girder bridge over Middle Fork Vermilion River on former Conrail Railroad west of Danville
- Vermilion County, Illinois
- Future prospects
- Bridge is planned to become part of the 24.5 mile Urbana to Danville Kickapoo bike trail and be converted to a pedestrian bridge.
- Built 1921 for the Peoria and Eastern Railroad, abandoned ca. 1990's
- - Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago & St. Louis Railway (CCC&StL; Big 4)
- Conrail (CR)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Peoria & Eastern Railroad (P&E)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 1,280.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Also called
- P&E - Possum Trot Bridge
Big Four - Possum Trot Bridge
NYC - Possum Trot Bridge
PC - Possum Trot Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.11865, -87.72849 (decimal degrees)
40°07'07" N, 87°43'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/437923/4441180 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Danville SW
- Inventory number
- BH 43972 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 24, 2012: New photos from Jacob P. Bernard
- February 4, 2012: New photos from Jacob P. Bernard
- February 2, 2012: New photos from Jacob P. Bernard
- May 12, 2010: New photos from Jacob P. Bernard
- April 13, 2010: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- April 13, 2010: New photos from Jacob P. Bernard
- February 6, 2010: New video from Jacob P. Bernard
- January 30, 2010: Added by Jacob P. Bernard